Five Tips On Buying A Summer Cabin
Summer is just around the corner in Nanaimo, the season when we spend the most time out doors and just want to get away from it all. If you're thinking about buying a summer cabin as a vacation home this year, here are a few tips to help turn your dream into reality:
1. Know where you want to buy - Make sure that you have vacationed more than once in the place where you want to buy your summer cabin. The first time you visit an area, it is almost always nice. By going back a second or third time you can make a 'real estate reality check' before investing your hard earned money.
2. Know the type of summer home that you want - Cabins are often the first thing that come to mind, but other options are condominiums and full sized homes as well.
3. Make a list of the area features that are important to you - For example, do you want to be close to the water? Or is privacy and seclusion at the top of your list? Also think about things such as closeness to shopping and medical - for those unexpected emergencies.
4. Interview several local realtors - It is always a good idea to have a real estate agent represent you as a buyer, and investing in a summer cabin is no exception. By talking with several different realtors you will be able to find one that truly understands your needs and goals. She can also help to educate you about the uniqueness of the market that you are buying your vacation home in.
5. Consider maintenance during the off season - Most summer cabins are designed to be 'shut down' during the winter time. But come spring, there are bound to be repairs that need to be done from damage caused by snow, ice or even wildlife. Buying a summer cabin can be more of an emotional decision than even buying or selling a home in Nanaimo. Following these five steps will help you turn your dream of a summer cabin into a reality that you will be sure to enjoy!
|email@example.com www.nanaimohomes4sale.com 250-756-1132|