Green home renovations for your Nanaimo home
Home renovations can be a great way to improve your Nanaimo home's market value.
Environmentally-friendly products are fast becoming a popular way for homeowners to make their home a greener place, as well as to do their part for the planet. Here are a few tips you can use to think green in your home renovation projects.
1. Painting - If you are repainting a room or your entire home, use an environmentally-friendly latex paint. Be sure you let leftover paints dry before disposing of them, and do not dump paint down the drain.
2. Flooring - Consider wood floors rather than carpets, and be sure they are from a forest source that uses renewable lumber practices. Wood floors are also easier to clean and require less maintenance.
3. Appliances – If it is time to replace your appliances be sure to replace them with energy efficient models.
4. Bathroom & Kitchen renos - install plumbing fixtures that will reduce your water consumption, such as dual-flush toilets and low-flow showerheads.
5. Use Salvaged materials if and when possible. Nanaimo has a store called Restore, which is on Mostar Road. The profits from it go to Habit for Humanity. Quality, reused materials can save allot of money.
If you are considering Green home renovations for your Nanaimo home and need a list of suppliers I would be happy to help.