Nanaimo real estate statistics- May 2012
The real estate statistics from May 2012 reflect the following changes in single family home sales.
Nanaimo real estate statistics for single family homes
The Cumulative Residential Average Single Family Sale Price is down by 8% over May 2011. The average sale price was $349,554 in May 2012 compared to $379,410 in May 2011.
The following are the single family market changes for May 2012 compared with May 2011
- There were 254 units listed this May compared to 224 units in May 2011. – Up by 13%
- There were 109 units sold this May which is identical to the number of units sold in May 2011
- The average sale price per unit for May 2012 was 8% lower thanMay 2011
- The average days to sell inMay 2012 were 45 days compared with May 2011 which was 41 days.
- The average unit sold in May 2012 received 96% of asking price. In May 2011 the average unit sold for 97% of asking price
- The sell/list ratio (how many listed homes actually sold) was 45% in May 2012 versus May 2011 which was 41
On the positive side it appears that it was taking slightly less time to sell a home in May 2012 versus May 2011. In addition the sell/list ratio was higher in May 2012 by 4% over May 2011. This shows that more homes that were listed actually sold.
On the down side the average selling price was lower in May 2012. It appears that sales were stronger in homes priced below $350,000. and softer as prices increase.