If a situation arises where you need to sell your home - fast - here are six things that you'll need to do:
1. Price to sell - Be realistic and aggressive when setting your asking price so that buyers are sure to make an offer on your home instead of the one for sale down the street.
2. Paint - Nothing says 'Welcome Home' more than a fresh coat of paint in the rooms. Consider using some of today's most popular colors to attract buyers.
3. Landscape for curb appeal - The outside of your house is the first thing buyers will see when they drive up. Don't make the mistake of ignoring the front yard and entry way of your home. Many times buyers will see a home for sale in Nanaimo that looks horrible from the outside and simply move along to the next listing without even setting foot inside the door!
4. Stage your home - The idea of home staging is to make your house look like a model home. There are several quick, easy and - best of all - free things you can do to stage your home to sell.
5. Do a home inspection before you put your house on the market - Besides being a great marketing tool when you're selling your home, doing an inspection before you list gives you the opportunity to fix what needs fixing and to avoid any unpleasant surprises that a buyer might find after your home goes under contract.
6. Hire an experienced Realtor - Pricing right and expert marketing are two keys to getting your home sold fast. If you're in the situation where you need to sell today, it's always a mistake to try and cut corners by doing things yourself.