Home Staging Tip: Transforming A Room With Paint
If you are planning to get your Nanaimo home ready to sell; here are a few staging tips on using paint to transform a room.
1. Avoid bright colors, fluorescent and neon shades, or colors that are very dark. Try paint colors in soft creams, taupes, and pale buttery yellow tones.
2. Neutral colors have a universal appeal-both men and women give them favorable ratings.
3. Don't be tempted to keep the wallpaper. Generally, buyers are put off by it. They view the removal process as another chore if they buy your home.
4. A room will appear larger when you paint it the same color as the room adjacent to it. It can give the illusion of one big open space.
5. Another favorite designer tip, to give the illusion of more space, is to paint the walls the same color as the drapes. It creates a seamless, contemporary look.
For additional staging tips on getting your Nanaimo home ready to sell please give me a call.