How Necessary Is A Home Inspection?
When you’re buying real estate in Nanaimo doing a home inspection should always be at the top of your list.
A home inspection is fairly inexpensive compared to the other costs of buying a home and it is actually one of the best investments you can make. It’s much easier to address any potential problems with your new Nanaimo home before you buy the house and move in.
Here are some reasons why doing a home inspection is a must-do:
1. Sellers don’t always know if there’s something wrong with their home. Many times people get used to living with certain quirks in a house. But what’s a quirk to them could end up being a big problem for you.
2. Other times, sellers do know there’s something wrong, but don’t tell you or the real estate agents. Every now and then you’ll run across a seller that thinks like this. It’s a shame, but it’s true and it does happen.
3. Understand the true cost of owning the home. If there are hidden repairs that need to be done at some point, it’s best to know what these costs are going to be up front. This way you can tell if you really are getting a good price on your Nanaimo dream home.
4. It never hurts to get a second opinion. Even if you’ve bought several homes in the past and have a good idea of what to look for, it’s always a good idea to have another set of eyes looking at the house that you want to buy.
5. The seller may agree to fix some items or adjust the price of the home. Depending on the market conditions, sellers may be extra motivated to close the sale. It never hurts to ask for help in making needed repairs if that’s all that it takes for you to buy their home.
Buying real estate in Nanaimo is a great investment, so why not make sure that you protect your investment with a home inspection?