There are so many considerations when it comes to shopping for a home for sale in Nanaimo. Age and stage of life are major considerations. Are you a first-time home buyer with a limited budget or an empty nester looking to downsize your Nanaimo home? Size of property is another key factor. Are you looking for acreage in Nanaimo or would you prefer a compact low maintenance lot or even a condo or townhouse where strata look after the upkeep of the property? Price of course is central when it comes to house hunting. What is your price range?
Other considerations to fine tune your search before shopping for homes for sale in Nanaimo are:
Space – Another essential feature to mull over is how much interior space do you want and how many bedrooms and bathrooms?
Location – do you have a preferred area or neighbourhood in Nanaimo that you like?
Amenities – Do you want to be near shopping, parks, public transit, recreation, etc.?
As a Nanaimo Realtor I like to meet with my clients before we start shopping for homes. It is best to discuss all the above-mentioned factors so that we can focus on exactly what you are looking for.
One of the ways I help my real estate clients is to set up an email alert system called a Matrix Portal where we enter your search criteria into the MLS so that you are notified, by email, whenever a property meeting your criteria is listed on the MLS.
Additionally, this website has many ways to assist home buyer's in shopping for homes for sale in Nanaimo including:
- Viewing and searching homes by neighbourhood. This map allows you to click on each neighbourhood to see what is for sale there at any given time
- If you are looking specifically for a house in Nanaimo and don’t want to view any condo style properties, you can view houses here
- If you are looking for a Nanaimo condo, townhouse or patio home you can search here
- For buyer’s looking for Nanaimo acreages or lots to build on you can search here
- For home buyer’s looking to receive all new listings as they come up you can receive Hot New Listings here.
I am available to help with all your real estate needs and questions. Please feel free to contact me to discuss how I can assist you in either selling or buying a home in Nanaimo or the surrounding areas.