Bedrooms are where people go to feel relaxed. Perhaps more than in any other room in the house, the bedroom is where people experience a sense of calm, comfort and luxury. A bedroom is a place to retreat after a busy day at work. Buyers consider the master bedroom to be the second most important room in the house to stage, after the living room. Most buyers say that the master bedroom is ‘important’ or ‘very important’ to stage.
Bedrooms sell homes. Bedrooms, unlike bathrooms and kitchens, can be spruced up quickly and cost-effectively if you are looking to stage your house. A bedroom, when staged correctly, can sell your home.
Let us take a look at some helpful tips to understand how a bedroom can be staged well:
- Create a blank canvas for buyers to imagine their style in the room. When viewing a property, potential buyers want to imagine themselves making the home their own
- Declutter the space and remove all the personalised items from the room. Clean out closets and show off storage to its best effect. Creating an inviting environment free from clutter is important. If there is an attached bathroom, remove towels, toiletries, and other personal items. A perceived lack of space in a bedroom could distract the buyers and decrease the overall value of your home to them.
- Adding touches of luxury like swapping hardwood floors in the bedroom for a soft carpet can prove to be the ultimate attraction for someone interested in buying your home. Rugs and floor accessories are a great way to make your home and feel cozy bring texture into a home.
- Go neutral. Home stagers say those tones work best because they evoke a sense of relaxation better than bright colors do. A neutral palette is best. Any color that feels serene or gives you that spa feel is perfect.
- Pay special attention to the bed as the bed is the focal point of the bedroom. Details like layering the bedding can make a huge difference. The right bedding can give the whole room a luxurious feel. Of all ways you can spruce up a bedroom for sale, this is by far the easiest for most people. Add soft bedding and use throw pillows and throw blankets to add pops of color to a master bedroom along with natural greenery
- If you have a small master bedroom, focus on making the space cozy. Create the impression of space and grandeur by using some decorative tricks such as strategically placed mirrors. Placing a mirror across from a window is the best way to reflect light and make the room feel larger. Pull back window treatments to let in natural light, and use neutral colors to decorate
- Add some greenery. Green colour adds some freshness and also pops nicely in a neutral room. Adding plants can enhance the beauty of a space and create a calming effect.
A bedroom is where buyers want to feel relaxed and comfortable. Everyone wants a bedroom to be tranquil space - somewhere to rest and unwind. Present your bedroom in its best possible light and it does not have to cost the world. Focus on these qualities as buyers will be looking for these when they take a look around a potential new home.