When you’re selling your Nanaimo home, the price you set is a critical factor in the return you’ll receive. It’s important to receive a professional evaluation from an experienced Realtor®. I can provide you with an honest assessment of your home, based on several factors, including:
- Market conditions
- Condition of your home
- Repairs or improvements
- Selling timeframe
- Comparative market analysis
In real estate terms, market value is the price at which a particular house, in its current condition, should sell within a reasonable time frame.
If the price of your home is too high, this could cause several things:
- Limits buyers. Potential buyers may not view your home because it appears to be out of their buying range.
- Limits showings. Other salespeople may be more reluctant to view your home.
- Used as leverage. Other Realtors® may use this home to drive the sale of other homes that are better-priced.
- Extended stay on the market. When a home is on the market too long, it may be perceived as defective. Buyers may wonder, “what’s wrong,” or “why hasn’t this sold?”
- Lower price. An overpriced home, still on the market beyond the average selling time, could lead to a lower selling price. To sell it, you will have to reduce the price – sometimes several times. In the end, you’ll probably get less than if it had been properly priced in the first place.
- Wasted time and energy. A bank appraisal is most often required to finance a home.
Realtors® have known it for years – well-kept homes that are properly priced in the beginning always get you the fastest sale for the best price!
For a FREE Home Evaluation please click here.