Parksville, BC is a lovely, beachfront town offering a combination of single family homes, townhouses and some condos. The area offers newer construction homes as well as established properties , waterfront homes, ocean view homes and some rural acreages in the outlying areas.
Everything You Need to Know About the City of Parksville
The City of Parksville is a thriving, dynamic township on Vancouver Island's sheltered east coast, 37 kilometers north of Nanaimo and British Columbia Ferry Terminals. The area's proximity to key transportation hubs makes it a popular holiday and business destination.
You may have heard of Parksville's sandy beaches and thriving tourism business. Parksville is home to retirees and young families alike.
Parksville-Qualicum Beach district area population grew by about 5% since 2011. In 2016, the town's population was 46,600 (this is the latest official census). Parksville gained approximately 1,000 inhabitants (a 9.0 percent increase). Area F, which includes Errington, Coombs, and Hilliers, grew by roughly 750 persons (in percentage terms:11.1 percent)
Major Parksville attractions
The Oceanside Community of this region encompasses Parksville, Errington, Qualicum Beach, Coombs, and Nanoose Bay. Oceanside offers year-round fun for everyone in the family in every neighborhood.
This community offers a wide range of leisure pursuits for outdoor enthusiasts. The Tee off at one of the six local golf courses, for example, is open all year. Enjoy the town's many sea sides, forests, and mountain routes while walking or cycling. You could also go caving at adjacent Horne Lake Caves, dubbed British Columbia's "Best Natural Outdoor Site."
- Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park has the largest sandy beach you've ever known at low tide.
- Mount Arrowsmith Brewing Company, Parksville/Qualicum Beach: Begin with four prominent craft ales at their wine tasting room or Taste Bistro.
- Parksville Community Park and Skate Park: The Park is vast, on the beach, and nicely built for all ages.
- Little Qualicum Cheeseworks is a sheltered picnic area and a small farm .
- Englishmen River: Enjoy the beautiful waterfalls and trails at Englishmen River. Lots of riverside hiking routes.
- Tiger Lily Farm Trail Rides-Feed the animals or have a pony/trail ride with the kids.
- Best Picnic Spot in Top Bridge Park!
- Amusement & Theme Parks-A guest will enjoy golf or ride the bumper boat in the summer.
- Two 18-hole mini-golf courses
- Parksville's shorelines at Parksville Bay and Craig Bay: From July to August, the area's community hosts the 'Parksville Beachfest,' a sandcastle design competition, which dates to 1982. The very first event drew 100 attendees and was deemed a "fantastic success." Beachfest is the country's only World Championship Sand Sculpting qualifying event.
Education and economy
The famous Parksville Civic and Technology Centre houses the Parksville (Qualicum) Campus of Vancouver Island University. The city is part of the world-renowned Mount Arrowsmith Biosphere Reserve, a UNESCO-designated zone for sustainable development. Among the top schools in Parksville, BC includes:
- School District NO 69
- Morning Glory School
- BCS - Beacon Christian School
In addition to the leisure and service sectors, Parksville's economy focuses on finance and business.
In recent studies, 95% of locals ranked Parksville's general quality of life as outstanding, excellent, or good. The town's residents also praised Parksville for the quality of municipal services. They trust their city, dedicated volunteers, and the various cultural talents in the area. The city is indeed a community full of possibilities.
Some housing and real estate stats
- Price of a detached home is still reasonably priced
- There are a few condo and townhouse developments
- Acreages in the outlying areas
With the average cost of a home in Metro Vancouver's Parksville appears very inexpensive, indeed.
The Parksville-Qualicum Beach region offers the best of both worlds. Parksville is a terrific spot to set up a business, retire, and raise families. Parksville's community enjoys a peaceful lifestyle and high quality of life. Parksville is a growing commercial and tourist attraction.
Parksville is a dream destination for many in Canada. Despite the increased glitz and the half-million annual visitors per annum, Parksville maintains its safe, family-friendly image. For additional information on real estate in Parksville, please contact me.